Northern Waters Flyfishers
Prince Albert, Saskatchewan, Canada
click on the icon
THE NORTHERN WATERS FLYFISHERS meet on the second Thursday of the month, September through June from 7 - 9 PM in the basement of the Prince Albert Daily Herald building at 30 - 10th Street East, Prince Albert. Knock on the front door to be let in.
Our purpose and objectives are to:
- promote the sport of flyfishing;
- provide a forum for the exchange of flyfishing ideas & techniques;
- endeavor to preserve, reclaim and enhance fish habitats and
- support and further fisheries research and conservation.
*** Visitors and new members are always welcome ***
SPORT FISHING CODE OF CONDUCT
• Handle all fish with care.
• Limit your catch to ensure fish in the future.
• Leave your fishing spot cleaner than you found it.
• Respect the rights of property owners and other outodoor enthusiasts.
• Use the proper tackle and methods for the species being fished.
• Promote the sport by teaching youth and new participants how to fish.
• Become informed about your fishery and participate in its management.
• Reporty all illegal fishing activities to the proper authorities.
• Respect the space of others and leave enough room for everyone to fish.
• Learn the fishng and boating laws and abide by them.
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
The AGM is Thursday January 12. Also a reminder that your 2017 membership is due. Meeting starts at 7 PM at 30 - 10th Street East, Prince Albert. Remember to knock on the front door to be let in.
DATE CHANGE FOR FEBRUARY MONTHLY MEETING
The February monthly meeting will be held one week early on Thursday February 2. Adam Matichuk - Fisheries Project Coordinator, Saskatchewan Wildlife Federation will be in attendance to do a presentation on Nisbet Trout Pond and the work required to restore the physical site of this local fishery. Adam will also be available to discuss the possibility of developing a new fishery project in the Prince Albert area. Meeting starts at 7 PM at 30 - 10th Street East, Prince Albert. Remember to knock on the front door to be let in.